Front Page Forums Wishlist Material Editor – Drop down list of materials

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I wish for a drop down list of materials in the model within the B3d Materials Editor (replacing the material name box).
    I often have the perfect camera view and have to zoom in on a component that faces away from the camera and nested deep in a group just to adjust a light surface or material properties.
    I have tried changing the bracketed parameters in the Sketchup material name but this seems to cause some instability and lock ups.

Melbourne, Australia

I’d like to echo this request…

I often find myself wasting time going back and forth from the model to the material editor. Most of models only have have about 15 to 25 textures and the process of “fine tuning” a rendering would be improved by having a drop menu of materials within the material editor instead of having to pick them one at a time in the model.

we try that in one of the early versions of b3d,
    there was a list of materials on the left side.
    It was not working correct, mainly there was a problem when you added/removed some material in SU.
    Current workflow is:
    – setup all materials (including textures) in SU
    – start render in backgroud
    – pickup only materials that need to be adjusted for rendering (lights, reflective, refractive)
    – take one material at a time and watch realtime preview to adjust it in real lighting conditions
    When finished, go back to main rendering.

Best Regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get in touch with us!

Problem? Question? We are here to help...