Front Page Forums Other topics Light casting in wrong direction on flipped components

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

justlark
    Participant

Hello –

I am working with a model that has multiple light sources that are on multiple components. Many of the components are symmetrical, so they were built by creating half of the component, then copying the component and flipping it on one axis and joining the two components together. What I have found is that in these types of situations, any light source in the component that has been copied and flipped is casting the light in the wrong direction. It is doing this almost as if the faces have been reversed, but I have checked all of them, and they are not reversed.

I have attached an image as an example. The right and left side of this image should be exactly the same, but the light is being cast from the windows in two different directions. In this case, on the lower windows, the light is being cast outward on the left side of the model, and inward on the right side. For the upper windows it is the opposite.

I have tried removing the color from the windows and re-painting them individually, but the behavior is the same.

Please tell me how I can fix this problem. Thank you!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  justlark. Reason: (Edited for typos)

support
    Participant

Hi,
    you may try to use right mouse click on right element and select “reset scale” and then try:
    – flip
    – or scale by -1 by x axis
    One of this should work, if not send me your SketchUp file for support [at] brighter3d.com,
    I will try to fix it…

Best Regards,
    brighter3d

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get in touch with us!

Problem? Question? We are here to help...